Coordinated by the Interprovincial Lottery Corporation, Lotto Max is a Canadian lottery, introduced on September 19, 2009, that has grown to become one of Canada’s three national lottery games. The game replaced Lotto Super.
If you invest in lottery tickets and want to know more about lotto max, this article will satisfy your urge to see every detail about Lotto Max.
How does Lotto Max work?
- The players select seven numbers from a field of 50.
- A single board costs $5, and each purchased board also includes two additional quick picks. The main drawing features a jackpot prize starting at $10 million.
- After the jackpot reaches at least $50 million, other drawings are held for auxiliary “MaxMillions” prizes of $1 million each; the main jackpot is capped at $70 million. MaxMillions prizes are carried over until they are won, and additional MaxMillions prizes are added each week. The main jackpot of at least $50 million is not won.
- Once a jackpot is won, unclaimed MaxMillions prizes are placed in the main jackpot on top of the $10 million minimum. As with all Canadian lottery jackpot games, winners receive their prizes in a tax-free lump sum.
How to check max lotto tickets online?
You can use the website of Lottery Post. Lottery Post is becoming very familiar. Lottery Post lists many lotteries’ past numbers, drawing dates, and prizes. The site posts current news about most lotteries. To examine all the past numbers and past drawings from the start of the drawings, fees are required for membership.
How to purchase lotto max tickets online?
Log in and select ‘Buy a LOTTO MAX ticket’ on the Lottery page. If you don’t have a Winhugelotto account with deposited funds, follow the steps given below:
- Select ‘Fast Checkout,’ and we’ll randomly generate three sets of seven numbers for you.
- Review and complete your purchase!
Use the Ticket Checkers at your Lottery Retailer.
Step 1: Wait for the message, “CHECK YOUR TICKETS HERE.”
Step 2: Insert the bar code under the red light – the bar code is located at the bottom of the ticket or under the latex in the play area for Zing (SCRATCH’ N WIN) tickets.
Step 3: Move the bar code slowly through the light until you hear a BEEP. Prize information will then appear on the screen.
If you experience difficulty checking your tickets or have concerns about a lottery retailer, don’t hesitate to contact Player-Care by email or phone. Have ready as much detail about the incident as possible.
- Compare your numbers to the winning numbers on our website.
- Sign up for our MVP Service and have DAILY GRAND, LOTTO MAX, WESTERN MAX, and LOTTO 6/49 and WESTERN 649 winning numbers emailed to you.
- Download the Lotto Spot! App and use the ticket checker feature.
- Check the winning numbers printed and posted at Retail.
- Call the Winning Numbers Lines for the most recent numbers.
- Edmonton (780) 459-5100
- Calgary (403) 275-8101
- Regina (306) 525-0591
- Saskatoon (306) 244-1780
- Winnipeg (204) 780-582
What were the changes brought in Lotto Max?
- The primary jackpot was initially capped at $50 million.
- In 2015, the draw increased this cap to $60 million.
- In 2018, the Interprovincial Lottery Corporation announced changes to Lotto Max, beginning with May 14, 2019, draw. The field of numbers increased to 50 (changing the odds of a jackpot win to 1 in 33 million), the main jackpot cap was increased to $70 million, new prizes were added for matching 4 or 5 numbers, and the bonus number.
- The game added a second weekly draw on Tuesdays.
- Lotto Max switched to using a random number generator for draws rather than lottery machines.
What were the most significant draws of Lotto Max?
- In 2013, a $63.4 million Lotto draw.
- On July 17, 2015, a $55 million prize was won by a group of 20 employees.
- On 11, 2019, the first-ever $65 million Lotto Max drew with a single winning ticket in Montreal.
- On January 3, 2020, the first drawing for $70 million occurred.
Got more questions? We will clear it out for you!
Q1. On which days Lotto Max drawings are held?
Lotto Max drawings are held every Tuesday and Friday.
Q2. Can I scan my Lotto MAX ticket with my phone?
Yes, you can use your phone’s camera to scan Lotto tickets like Lotto Max, Scratch & Win Tickets, Keno, Sports Action, and more.